Phased Retirement Enrollment Documents
(to be completed with your Department Chair by January 31, 2017)
- Half-Time Work Plan (Word, PDF)
- Phased Retirement Application & Re-Employment Agreement (Word, PDF)
- General Release (PDF)
If you would like to have monthly retirement benefits and health insurance effective July 1, 2017, you should file a retirement application with your retirement carrier between March 1 - March 31, 2017. Please follow the steps listed below:
- It is a good idea to obtain a retirement estimate prior to completing your retirement application, but this is optional and not required.
- Contact the Benefits Office at 704-687-0648 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a retirement application appointment.
- Bring to the Benefits Office:
- A voided check
- Proof of birth for you and your beneficiary
- Call your carrier and discuss possible payout options.
- Representatives will assist you in the application process.
- Contact the Benefits Office at 704-687-0648 or email@example.com to:
- Complete the ORP 3 Optional Retirement Program of The University of North Carolina Acknowledgement of Participation form
- Obtain instructions for enrollment in the retiree healthcare plan of your choice