State Retiree Health Plan (through the Retired Group, not UNC Charlotte)
- To be eligible, Phased Retirees must be receiving a monthly retirement benefit.
- State will pay the premium for retiree only coverage based upon eligibility.
- You may add dependents by paying an additional premium.
- Enrollment is not automatic. You must enroll online as part of the retirement application process.
- If you are eligible for Medicare when you retire, the State Retiree Health Plan is secondary to Medicare, effective on your first day of retirement.
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Term Life
- Cancer Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
Other Items That Can Be Deducted From Your Payroll
- Homeowners Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Credit Union
Note: All of the above benefits are available through payroll deduction with the exception of the State Retiree Health Plan.